Student interest in pursuing academic research is a reliable indicator of the teaching quality at a business school. SJIM’s Center for Business Research encourages students to solicit guidance and collaboration with the faculty at the Center. Acknowledging that engaging in academic research is an exploratory endeavor for our students at the Masters’ level, we give students the latitude to decide outlets for their research. Thus, the rigor of research at the student level is deliberately less compared to the higher standards of the Center itself.
Peer Reviewed International Conferences in the Indian Institutes of Management
1. Avil Saldanha, Rajendra Desai, Aashna Sultania, Mr. Vivek Sunkara and Ms. Prima (2017). A Case Study on the Prediction of Visual Inventory using Brand, Store and City Profile Variables. 5th International Conference on Business Analytics & Intelligence, IIM Bangalore.
2. Caren Rodrigues, Anup Krishnamurthy, and Supreeth Muthamma. (2017). The Relationship between Location and Turnover Intentions in Indian Nature Tourism: Going Beyond Job Satisfaction. The 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM-I).
3. Caren Rodrigues, Anup Krishnamurthy, Advika Sequeria and Trupthi Venkatesh. (2017). Female Leaders, Female Followers: Leadership Roles that Lead to Job Satisfaction and the Intention to Stay. The 5th Biennial Indian Academy of Management Conference, Indian Institute of Management Indore (IIM-I).
4. Caren Rodrigues, Anup Krishnamurthy, and Archana Gorur. (2017). Creating Image-Identity Congruence when Organizational Values are Consciously Changed: A Performance Management Perspective. The 2017 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
5. Anup Krishnamurthy, Caren Rodrigues, and Siddhi Ajmera. (2017). The Different Emotions in Viral Advertising: An Exploratory Study. The 2017 Annual Conference of the Emerging Markets Conference Board, Centre for Marketing in Emerging Economies, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIM-L), Noida Campus.
Other Student Endeavors
1. Four students Astran Vivian Gonsalves, Ganashree R, Blynal Basil Quadros, Johan Chris Antony Lewis presented two papers in the International Conference on fostering innovation in financial inclusion in Manipal University, Manipal.
2. The Center provided six students Gina, Nitika, Nidhi, Maitri, Nikita, and Trupthi with an opportunity to be part of two projects paid for by professors at the Kellogg School of Management (considered the world's best school for marketing), Northwestern University, USA.
3. The Center provided guidance to students who wished to present their work at Manasa Manthana 2016, a national-level paper presentation competition at St. Aloysius College, Mangalore. Daphne D'Souza and Fernandes Mlikson won the Best Paper Award (First Place), Lynn D'Souza and Marina Joseph won the Second Place, and Vineeth R reached the final round of presentations.